The Hockey Humanitarian Award Foundation, now in its 18th season of honoring college hockey’s most giving, takes pride and pleasure in naming this year’s nominees:
- Jason Beattie, Senior, Niagara University
- Brett Beebe, Senior, Western Michigan University
- Megan Bozek, Senior, University of Minnesota
- Cobina Delaney, Senior, Robert Morris University
- Dan Evarts, Senior, St. Michael’s College
- Jordan Heywood, Junior, Merrimack College
- Mike Johnson, Senior, University of Notre Dame
- J. Tucker Mullin#, Senior, St. Anselm College
- Kaare Odegard#, Senior, University of Alaska
- Jeffrey Reppucci, Junior, College of the Holy Cross
- Alyssa Zupon, Senior, Yale University
# repeat nominee
Outstanding athletes on the ice, the nominees are as impressive if not more so off it. From establishing their own charitable foundations, to raising money for cancer, building homes for the poor and serving as mentors to disadvantaged children, these amazing men and women have given of themselves in the true humanitarian spirit. We honor them all, and over the next few weeks, you’ll get to know them even more.
Finalists will be announced in February, and this year’s recipient will be introduced and honored in a ceremony on Friday, April 12 in Pittsburgh as part of the 2013 Men’s D-I Frozen Four weekend.